Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's 2014

Again I take forever to post a blog. I think it's been two years? Wow..

"Life is what happens when you're busy making plans." -John Lennon

Isn't that the truth! So I am still currently employed at Nickelodeon Animation Studios. I've been working on the hit remake televisions series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for the past three years. It's been a humbling and wonderful experience to see the show grow and work alongside so many talented artists.

Over the past two years, we've announced two seasons and I've had a chance to work on some awesome assets. I released a Show Reel from the first season last year and I'm currently working on a season 2 show reel. Season 2 hasn't completely aired yet, so I'll have to wait a bit!

http://vimeo.com/72472248

I've also been privileged to be apart of Full Sail's Hall of Fame festivities this year. They brought me and three of my coworkers, Elyse Hartey, Tyler Kakac, and Derek Prieur, to Full Sail to do a panel on our experiences at Nickelodeon and how we got our jobs. It was a really awesome experience and Full Sail treated us very well. Going back was a very nostalgic experience. The school has changed so much, but some of us still remembered a lot of it. I personally felt like I had never left and giving advice to the students was a strange experience, but a fun one. We all expressed that we had wished we could have had more time to speak one on one with the students.




We even got the privilage to meet most of the Hall of Famers and some celebrities like Nelly Furtado and Jeff Timons from 98 degrees. Elyse and I of course fan girled when we found out Jeff was sitting near us at dinner one night.

As for personal work, I've been learning to paint again and going back to my traditional roots to enhance my skills. I used to spend hours at my computer at Photoshop and sometimes it feels like I was better at drawing when I was in high school than I am now. I constantly follow and am inspired by my peers. They keep me going and wanting to achieve and be a better artist. I'm hoping to have some more things to show soon.

Here are a few things I've done over the past few months. I always find new things I need to work on, but moving on to bigger and better things can be a good thing instead of fussing with something till it dies.

New adventures await me in the future and I can't wait. I am traveling to Japan this summer for vacation and I will be taking lots of video and photography!

I'll do my best to keep updated from now on, but no promises!
Ja ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I be pleased to hear feedback, critiques, or just all around good words :]